Monday, May 18, 2009

All Dentists Are NOT Created Equal


Hi everyone. Sharan Tash here from Wheaton Cosmetic Dentistry. Some of you know me as "The Professional Networker" and some of you know me as "The Professional Connector". This blog was started today from a situation I went through yesterday at Dr. Beri's office in Wheaton.

I am 56 years old and have been getting my preventive care (hygiene) appointments every 3 to 4 months for the past 10 years. So according to my estimation, that would equal about 30 - 40 exams and "cleanings". My lastest exam was 4 months ago.

Yesterday I had a hygienist who was fresh out of college take care of my preventive care appointment. Not only did she do a great job, and she was gentle and thorough, but I had my exam by Dr. Beri (who wears surgical loupes and an LED lamp to focus in the mouth). The hygienist noticed some failing white fillings (composites), and Dr. Beri followed up with some intra-oral pictures.
Needless to say, I was VERY depressed when I went home. It was obvious to me that the white fillings that were placed had deteriorated. Many of my teeth were cracking and had stress fractures. Dr. Beri educated me by showing me HUGE pictures of my teeth. I totally agreed that my mouth could not have deteriorated that much in 4 months.

Not all dentists are created equal. I never had the pictures taken at another office. I never had the Doctor show me each tooth and outline the problem area. I never had a Doctor that educated me on the consequences of not having the problems taken care of. Not all dentists are created equal.
At Wheaton Cosmetic Dentistry we show you, the patient what is going on in your mouth and educate you on the possibilities. I know I learned a lot yesterday and I hope everyone questions their dentist to understand all the possibilities there are to having a healthy mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment